Thursday, September 30, 2010

The students performed their plays today for the other kinder classes and our boss. I'm a little on edge still, many hours and an intense workout later, because our boss was so displeased with everyone's play. I didn't expect my students or anyone elses to be perfect, but I thought they were pretty excellent for ESL 3, 4 and 5 year olds. Let's be serious.. this isn't even their first language and they were memorizing whole plays! I was impressed. I absolutely hated practicing the play because the kids were so hyper, but I thought wow, our hard, annoying work payed off. Me getting irritated with them and probably vise versa (I'm sure they get tired of hearing me repeat myself and yell at them all the time) was worth it. No one really told me what to expect from this play and how important it was so I was incredibly shocked when the other teachers and I received only negative feedback (not directly through our boss of course, but from his middle man) about our plays. I just don't know what he expected... perfection??? They're children... At least someone was proud of them and that would be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment