Thursday, September 2, 2010

I just returned from another adventure... to the hospital this time to check sure my health in stable enough for Korean standards. I don't know. I was poked and proded for a bit... eye exam, ear exam, dental check, lung exam, urine test, blood test, the whole package. I think I had a cavity but I couldn't understand so I just smiled and said thank you in Korean, "Kamsahamnida". Koreans take a lot of pride in their teeth. The children and most of the teachers brush their teeth after eating a meal. The other day even, I saw the bartender at WA bar pull out a toothbrush... at the bar! and start going to town on her teeth. It makes a lot of sense. It's a very healthy habit. And a healthy person is a happy person. Atleast that's what my students had to memorize and recite back to me last week. Good habits include exercise and eating right and get this... bad habits are, as you may know.. watching too much tv and of course.... eating while sleeping. Huh??? That's some sneaky shit... eating in bed. I laughed out loud.

The kids had another little laugh today because they saw my "undergarments". Ok, no they did not and I'm pretty positive they lied about seeing my belly button yesterday. I wore a very appropriate outfit. My top was see through so I wore a white tank top underneath. However, white tank tops for females and white undershirts for males are equal to "underwear". Ok. I've seen Korean women dress that way on the streets so I'm sure it's permissable. The young women dress so beautifully here. As I mentioned before, they are always in heels, making most of them look even longer and leaner than usual. They wear a lot of billowy tops with short shorts or skirts. They expose their legs a lot more than their chest and arms, but with beautiful, skinny legs, why not? Some girls push it on the shorts, but for the most part I think the look is very tasteful, nothing too tight and revealing but always very sexy. The look is soft and flowy and reminds me of springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment