Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The grapes here are amazing. The skin is a lot thicker so we don't eat that part. The grape inside just plops right out. They seriously taste like a little sip of Welch's grape juice every time I pop one in my mouth. They are the best grapes I've ever eaten in my life. I watch over my kinder classes while they eat snack (with my homeroom Gemini class) and lunch (with my Aries class), and most of the time they want me to try the food with them, which is usually Korean food. It is mostly delicious except for kimchi which is pickled and spiced cabbage. They eat it all the time. It will never grow on me. I have however become a big fan of kimbap, which in my mind is basically sushi. I can get a whole roll for about a buck!!!! And a whole roll here isn't a few pieces like in sushi places back home... this is a whopping 12 pieces :)

In my Aries class ( I spend about 2 hours with 2 different kinder classes which are Aries and Gemini) I reached up to get whatever it was and the kids saw my belly button. They freaked out in a fit of laughter! So, they love belly buttons. It's like they don't have them or something. They do. They showed me. I asked them to write about a person that makes them laugh and why. All the little boys said "Emily teachers makes me laugh becase of belly button beauty" whatever that is. And they said they like me better than Jihee teacher (she's the Korean teacher that takes my classes for the other 2 hours). I hope she doesn't see that. Anyways, the other teachers said the kids are really into belly buttons and it was bound to happen one of these days... better sooner than later I suppose... you know get it all out in the open.. Emily teacher has a belly button... sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment