Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I got lost again in that ridiculous under-interstate tunnel on my way to TECHNO GYM. I think I might take a lesson from these two kids I know, Hansel and Gretel, except, instead, I will leave some rice for my path. And I wont be so foolish as to enter a suspicious witch house made out of candy...idiots. When I finally arrived, the trainer who helped me at the gym yesterday (maybe Sonju is his name) greeted me by name as I walked in today. Koreans are so friendly! It's so nice to feel like I belong in a community that is so new and foreign to me.

It was pouring again today. The rain will never cease here! Based on my quick internet research, autumn is supposed to be quite lovely. I suppose I can forgo another month of sunshine before I quite possibly turn into a vampire.

My students probably think I am literally a vampire. They already claim I have Dracula teeth and after today, they must think I'm pure evil. SLP has a point system and if they have 5 points they get all 5 stickers which they can trade at the "market" for prizes at the end of the month. Today, not only did I dock them all 5 points, but I took away points for tomorrow, leaving -3 points. I don't think they see that much. I also had to send Daniel to John teacher. He is a Korean teacher and male, which freaks them out much more than a smiling American female. Daniel looked terrified when he got back. I felt a little bad, but not really because Daniel likes to tell lies about me to his mother and get me in trouble. He told his mother the other day that I let him sleep in class and did not wake him up. What? Really, Pinocchio?? His mom sent a complaint in the "communication log" we have with the parents. Fantastic. The kids, as I mentioned before, have the absolute worst behavior... every last one of them in the school. BUT they do every single homework assignment because their parents make sure of it and they actually enjoy learning for the most part and will even gladly take on more homework. Unfortunately I've taken a liking to the worst kid in the whole school, Aidan. None of the teachers understand me. I also don't understand me.

The fashion here is phenomenal. I love absolutely everything the girls wear. I try to emulate their style but I'm not sure I have the knack for it quite yet. Also, I will not wear high heels every day or ever, which is a key component. The boys are also all stud muffins. Most of them are either in a nice shirt and tie or some sexy plaid (who doesnt love a man in plaid??) with hipster jeans, retro sneakers and glasses. They are really stylin. Unfortunately, as nice as it is that Korean men are not hairy, that means they usually do not have beards!! And tattoos are quite uncommon as they are "bad blood". It is quite ashame seeing as I love bearded men with tattoos. Young Korean couples like to match. I've seen it four times so far. As a matter of fact, the cute couple at the gym today were both wearing the same blue t-shirt with the same design. I wonder at what point it's appropiate to ask one's signifcant other to start matching?? That is some level of committment!

No comments:

Post a Comment