Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just returned from WA Bar. It's on the corner of our street basically. We all live on different streets but this is a pretty central location, close to the school and close to where we live. Apparently this bar is a chain from what Tessa, Krystin and I found when we went to one while we were in Daegu for the International Body Painting Festival. I've never seen a bar that's a chain before from what I know. The bodypainting was quite the show... for free. It started off slow, just watching the the men and women be painted and then ended with this very flashy high-fashion show type deal. I was very impressed especially because of how modest I thought Korean culture was. We stayed overnight in another "love motel" because that's what there is and they are cheap. Our place was called "Beautiful House" motel and the covers were pale pink with red lighting.

When we got back to Cheonan, we had a going away dinner for Christina, who is leaving in a week. We sat on the floor to eat. It was my first time. My foot kept falling asleep. There is a lot of transitioning in and out of teachers. Another teacher is moving to another apartment for a reason unknown to me, but I got a nice big comfy chair from it. I'm sitting in it now... a little cramped with the extra furniture but when you don't have much to work with in the first place, you say yes to a large free chair.

I think the lack of sleep is finally starting to catch up to me. This past week, I've been taking to the habit of going to bed around 3 and then waking up at 7 or 8. Everyone says it's jetlag but I just like staying up late, which is unfortunate considering my early schedule.

I learned today that an average, descent haircut goes for only 9 bucks here. Big deal right??...Hair Cuttery and Great Clips have discounts on poor service and uneven trims all the time, however, these places throw in a hand massage, a full shampoo and rince, oh and beverages.. I'm probably going to need a few haircuts this year. But! Let this be a warning to all you taken/married men out there... if you're ever in Korea and in desperate need of a haircut, make sure the barber shop you go to only has one barber pole. If you see two barber poles outside the shop, your haircut will come with a happy ending ;) ... don't want to upset your lady friend/wife. To all the men without the old ball and chain, a lot of Korean haircuts might be the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment