Friday, September 3, 2010

Yesterday was my birthday as well as the going away/welcoming party for the the teachers leaving and the new teachers arriving. A huge group of us went out for kalbi which is basically barbequed pork but you bbq it yourself. We sat on the floor on cushions and ate with chopsticks. the real deal. And we drank bowls of Makgeoli, which is rice wine. That wine was making me feel pretty good by the end of dinner and thank god for that, because the new teachers had to get up front, give a lame speech and sing a song. It was embarrassing. To top it off, everyone decided instead of a bar they wanted to go get drunk in a noribang, which is a karaoke room you rent out with your friends for the night. It was actually really fun. We drank soju which is basically vodka and sang for an hour. And we eventually ended up in WA Bar and met up with some other friends. It was a great birthday but a rough morning that's for sure. Thank god the children were'nt unbearable today. Two of them did cry though because they were being sensitve about feelings. Yeah ok...grow up. The crybabies today were June, who is very feminine to begin with, so the tears came as no surprize. I think he enjoys crying he does it so much. And Aidan cried. He is the worst little kid in school, so when his sensitive side comes out it shocks me. At my school, SLP, we are told to be very affectionate and "touch the kids a lot". sounds awkward but it's kind of a rule or else the parents think "we don't like their children". So usually I have no problem when it comes to the sadness of children. I can just plop them on my lap, tickle them, hug them, rub their backs, the whole deal. They are all touchy feely though especially the little boys. And when I say touchy I don't mean they're playing kissy face on the playground with the girls, but all the little boys run around hugging each other and rubbing and touching and sometimes kissing. It's bizzare but normal behavior for them. And the girls are very touchy and lovey with the little boys too. It's so cute but they make me uncomfortable sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment