Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last night was one of the first nights in a while that I stayed in and enjoyed time with... me. It was really nice and I've decided I don't want to go out drinking as much as I do, certainly because Sonjoon, the trainer at TECHNO GYM would be very dissapointed in me. He has been teaching me a number a day. I'm at about seven. I'd like to learn more than the numbers...let's be real. But it's all about baby steppin my way to the bigger picture. I have to start somewhere so "hanna, tul, set, net, tasot, yosot, ilgop" it is for now. The annoying thing is that the numbers change when placed infront of an object. Most of what I learn is by listening to the more seasoned American teachers and occassionally the Korean teachers but they talk too fast.

I went out for dinner (to a charming little Italian place we discovered) the other night with an older teacher with whom I work with. She's not old but she's under the impression that her age matters a lot to me. I certainly didn't intend for it to come off in a negative way, but I guess it did. The thing is, I'm just so facinated with all of her life stories, dating experiences and whereabouts that I hope to aspire to be like her over my next 5 or 10 years. She is well-travelled, independent, strong and extremely intelligent. I look up to her but she doesn't quite understand that.

I'm still convinced Daniel in my Aries class has it out for me. I wrote a note home to his mother mentioning that he never stays in his seat and his mother responded that he was probably just really bored in my class. I'm getting zero support from her. He also broke my headband today. I don't even like that stupid headband. I can, however, tell you exactly where I got it: a cheapass street fair in Almunecar, Spain. It cost me one euro. I haven't been keeping up with the European exchange rate these days seeing as I'm more focused on the Korean won, but I can't imagine the net loss is too great... maybe $1.50 max. That's not the point. The point is he was so unapologetic, even if it was an accident, that it makes me think he truly dislikes me.

At the end of September our homeroom kinder classes put on a ridiculous little play in the gym. My Gemini class is performing Snow White. They are coming along, but I'm a little worried about the outcome of this masterpiece. All I know is that the end of this month is going to be chock-full of work! We have a fieldtrip to the botanical gardens soon, Chusok festival (where I get to dress up in traditional costume and make rice cakes...stay tuned for that special day!), market day (where they buy things with stickers they may or may not have deserved for good behavior) and last but not least, the big show, SNOW WHITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment