Friday, September 10, 2010

McDonald's delivers here. I don't speak from experience seeing as I don't really care for McDonald's and the only Korean I know is hello, goodbye, thank you and the first eight numbers. That will either get me no order at all or eight big Macs. I'd rather just stay away. I must say, however, that is an ingenius idea. I'm curious as to why the United States hasn't jumped on the McDonald's delivery bandwagon (or in this case, a moped with a box on back). I'm assuming it's because too many fat Americans eat McDonald's more than once a day and it would be near impossible to deliver all those meals to the greedy population.

I've been sick all week with a cold. I'm not complaining, but just clearing the air as to why I haven't kept up the bloggin'. Every teacher has the sickness hit them some point or another, and I up to this point, I was the only one kinder teacher that hadn't been attacked by the bug. I was getting a little overzealous about my immune system when it hit me first thing Monday morning. That humbled me. I lost my voice yelling at all the kids. I tried to make them feel sorry for me (ha) but that didn't work. I really like these kids. I'm growing attached to them. Though I love my job so far, I don't think I want to teach in a public elementary school when I get back. This job is perfect for me, but I can't imagine it would be back home for some reason.

Jihee's husband bought her dream today. That's one of the first things my coteacher told me this morning. She said it's probably a cultural thing. Oh, you don't say, Jihee! If it isn't, why is no one buying my dreams???? Apparantly it's tied to Shamanism. If you have a beautiful, vivid dream and tell it to someone you really love, like family, or a significant other, and they want to pocket that memory for themselves or make it come true, they buy it off you. She made 30 won off her husband this morning. What a sucker! She probably made the whole thing up. Regardless, I'm going to bring this one back home with me and see if I can pawn my dreams off for a little extra spending money. I wonder if you have a terrible dream/nightmare about someone else if you're obligated to pay them to make it go away... I don't think it works that way.

At the gym today I couldn't help but laugh. I'm the only American there (except occasionally this one older dude... he's my nemesis.. the other foreigner) at TechnoGym in Korea, listening to latino raggeaton on my ipod and wearing a purple Obama T-shirt. Granted no one can hear my music, but the mix of cultures all in one was just funny to me. I love the mix; I hope the mix just keeps on....

No comments:

Post a Comment