Sunday, September 5, 2010

Techno gym was closed today; I had a feeling it would be because it's Sunday. I know there is a mountain nearby so I tried that instead and went hiking. I found the mountain only about 5 minutes from my apartment! I'm very excited about that! These past two weeks I've been a little busy, considering most of my time is spent working till 6pm everyday. So, trying to find a mountain after a long day of working with children in the evening, as the sun is setting is probably not in my best interest. Today nothing was really standing in my way except maybe the threating storm clouds, but that's nothing new here. Most of the people hiking were older folks and maybe some children. I did stand out a tiny bit. The weirdest thing was that I noticed a lot of people were wearing those face masks that cover your mouth (typically seen where there is a mass outbreak of swine flu, bird flue, you know animal-born illnesses). Maybe there is a plauge no one warned me about. I figured the fresh air up in this Cheonan mountain is harmless. The purpose of the masks is a mystery to me. I saw a beautiful golden Buddha statue on the way down. It appeared out of the blue... I guess out of the green since it was in the mountains. I've been on the hunt for Cheonan's large golden Buddha statue so I may have found it which would be dissapointing because I was expecting much larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment