Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shopping here is phenomenal. I've never seen so many cute headbands. Good thing too, because Daniel broke mine in class the other day. There was more than just headbands of course, but that's what caught my eye more than anything else because there were so many more than in the US and for a mere 2 or 3 bucks. And I'm not talking little thin plastic headbands, but the real nice ones with beautiful bows and patterns. The jewelry was just the same. There is quite the surplus of glitzy, gaudy accessories! Clothing on the other hand, though I fit into most of it, I still find to be a little on the small and short side. I love the clothing though. I bought a few things. Unfortunately, we live about 20 or 30 minutes from the downtown with all the shopping.

Before shopping, we went to eat at an Indian restaurant, the only Indian place in Cheonan. It's routine to go there about every weekend, but I can only handle the kick of Indian spices but so often. This has been my second Saturday at  the Indian place. It might not necessarily become my routine. It was delicious, though spicy. There is an Outback Steakhouse downtown... that's what I've really been eyeing as a special occasion kind of thing.

Last night, I finally met up with Jody. We met at the Korean consulate in Washington DC a few days before we both moved to Korea. As she was walking out of the consulate, she told me that our interviewer had told her we were both in the same town in Korea, Cheonan. It's quite a small world. Cheonan isn't really a foreigner hub. There are plenty of us roaming the streets, attractring a lot of attention, but meeting someone before even arriving in Cheonan is not typical. After about three weeks of being here, we finally met up, and it turns out we aren't terribly far from each other either. We met at a bar/restuarant, Adonis, that is a nice halfway spot  about 10 minutes between where we both live.

No comments:

Post a Comment