Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm going on my second month and it feels as if I've been here for six. It's already fall and I'm thinking, what did I do this summer in Korea? Well... nothing because I just got here. It seems that long! I wasn't even in Korea during the summer; I was traveling cross country with Rob, working at O'charley's, living the good life in my parent's house. I just got here! I'm glad the days are going by so fast. I feel like I've been here for months but I also feel like I've just arrived. It's a weird feeling... so comfortable at points but also so foreign and new at others.

So, as I was saying, I haven't been here long at all and I've gotten slammed with a few surprises. We had an American teacher leave recently due to some personal issues and therefore, we all have to pick up an extra class, leaving many of us with next to no breaks during the work day, but supposedly an extra bonus. Not only that, but my Korean coteacher is also leaving this Friday. She has been extremely helpful and we work incredibly well together. I am by no means prepared to have her leave and be replaced by some new teacher that doesn't know the students, the rules and the overall chaos of the job! I'm still new myself and struggling to piece together this puzzle of a job. I can't be expected to be the more experienced teacher of the two of us. I'm not really feeling terribly stressed which is surprising, but just a little overwhelmed with the long days. When the work day is over, the work day is over and I put my job to rest. As my coworker Jenny says, I leave the stress at work. That is true, but it's going to start taking a physical toll on all of us the more and more hours we have to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment