Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gym god has a name, well nickname, and it's a bit silly: Rex. Anyways, Rex and I are teaching each other English and Korean now, since we both want to learn and we both speak like babies in eachother's language. I'm actually learning a lot really quickly because I'm forced to with him. It's really a lot of fun. Even though we have such a hard time communicating, we've both learned a lot about each other. It's so interesting to me the way language doesn't have to be a total barrier. On the contrary, it makes everything that much more exciting and new.

He's a pretty interesting character. At the gym, I'm so intimidated by him. He has a very serious look and he's built like a fighter and that's because he is one... kendo for 14 years now. But he is one of the kindest people, after talking to him and getting to know him based off of his personality and not his kung fu panda style. It's still hard to believe we are becoming friends since I had such a different/strong opinion of him a month ago.

Aside from my new friendship, I went to an International Deli festival in Daejon, the town over... very decieving and dissapointing... there were no meat and cheese products to be found. The signs all wrote "Interntional Deli' festival" which leads me to believe they don't even know what Deli means because we sure don't put an apostrophe on it. Still, it was fun. There wasn't much as far as international goes, but Korea tried it's best. There were mostly tons of foreigners drinking beer. The Deli festival turned into a rock show at night, which was incredibly entertaining, watching Korean headbangers! And just across the street was a hot air balloon festival and fireworks. All in all, a good day. Korean festivals are always a surprize, but usually in the best sense as far as surprizes go. I'm not complaining!

2 comments:

  1. ah, you and your gym god reminds me of my and my mercadona god. i have yet to talk to him, but today i know he was checking me out while i was grocery shopping... emily he is beautiful. i need to step up my game, sighhh. but that's so exciting you and gym god are friends now! and that festival sounds great, how come all the best festivals seem to be international?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha Mercadona... love it! Step it up girl! yu speak the language! I guess I didnt step it up with gym god though... he made all the moves there. and yeah festivals ... i agree always international

    ReplyDelete