Friday, October 22, 2010

I just got back from having dinner with Jody (whom I met in the DC consulate back in August) and her friends. It was the best place I've been to in Korea so far. It was a burger place run by a Korean husband and wife. Burger joints aren't terribly popular here, but it's such a trendy looking place that I think it'd be a hit no matter what they served. There was a big, warm oven in the middle of the restaurant. It was a very chic place with a rustic flare to it. There were nice, big cozy couches in private corners. The atmosphere was amazing; it was very well lit and peaceful. I found it to be the perfect place for me to wind down on a Friday evening. It was a nice treat after the weeks of hell.

I especially love that I met a few new people in Cheonan. Jody's friends were so sweet and seem like people I would be friends with back in the US. They all live about 15 minutes away from my house by foot. It's refreshing and comforting to feel like I've lived here for awhile and have friends in all different parts of the city like I would back home. And fortunately, it's relatively easy to get around to all the parts of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment