Sunday, December 5, 2010

My hair is finally an inch shorter and my pocket 12$ lighter. I've been saying I'm going to get a Korean haircut and I finally did. I went with Jenny, Krystin and Rose. All the hairstylists were wearing beautiful, tight black clothes and high glam heels. I felt like a total frump. Frumpy or not, they treated us very well. First, they took our drink order (coffee, juice, tea, etc.) while we waited. We hardly even waited 5 minutes before they called our names. I didn't get my hair shampooed because my hair was already wet :( That was my own fault. My hairdresser cut the inch off my hair, but then she dried it and gave it perfect waves and style while another woman gave me a hand massage. All this for a few bucks. Sure beats Great Clips.

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, appearance is everything here. Hair salons and beauty stores are on the block by the dozens, open all hours of the day and usually full of people. I've had many students (the baby 6 year olds) get their hair dyed a lighter color brown or show up with a perm. Actually, many of them are the boys. It's wild. They all notice and critique appearance at a very young age here. I know a few older Koreans, such as gym god, that have gotten botox before age 30! And double-eyelid operations are also very common to create a bigger eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment