Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve occured a little earlier in Korea. Seeing as it hit on a Friday, I had to teach, but I loved every minute of it. It was basically a big party with kinder. We decorated cake and sang songs. I gave them little gifts that they marveled over with such appreciative smiles. I love them. They were so happy over something so small. I couldn't stop beaming.

They started to stir a little as the day went on. but thankfully Korean Santa came to visit! Korean Santa happens to be a good friend of mine, Canadian Joshua Rae. I had to contain my fits of laughter as he acted the part so magically for the kinder bunch. Again, did I mention? I love them!

Then, we had to perform our dreadful play and song. I was worried because they honestly act like zoo creatures when we practice. Aidan acts like a weird jumping zombie and Danny does flips, flailing to the floor. They pulled it together so beautifully for Jingle Bell Rock. They really, truly "rocked the night away". They were a big hit!! I couldn't have been prouder. I had the biggest smile on my face all day. I love my little Gemini class! They graduate and leave in February... I can't fathom the idea :(


I got quite a few Christmas cards. Of the bunch, some were too priceless not to mention. One from Emily, " Emily teacher you are a great teacher. at first you were not like a great teacher, but you got better and better. and you are a great teacher right not." WOW! such honesty! thanks Em. Also... from Sharon, " Your not alone. You have a snowman your not alone." Thank god for that snowman. I'm not alone this holiday season!

Again, I couldn't love them more!

Off to Singapore! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment