Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm slacking on the writing because there are a million things to do over Christmas season at SLP. I'm currently preparing another dance for our Christmas play tomorrow. I am in my prime for teaching child dances. We are singing Jingle Bell Rock. The class all insisted we do the "sexy dance" from the movie, Mean Girls, that they'd seen on the internet. Innapropriate to say the least, so I decided to stick to my more childish moves. Besides that, a million crafts and projects are in order. And presents.... I have to buy a little something for them, but it's been taking some time putting each little bag together and writing an individual card for every little one.

Christmas season has been making the kids very giddy. Like Halloween, Christmas is a big ordeal at SLP. Our friend Josh, who does not work at SLP, will come as Santa and deliver presents to the "good" children, while we decorate cupcakes and sing carols. I'm just as excited as they are!

All week long we've been doing Christmas related activities. Suprizingly, I had to teach the story of Jesus. It is a Christian school afterall. At lunch we always pray, "God is good. God is great. Thank you for the food plate. Thank is what we say for the food we eat today. Amen." Still, there is not a huge emphasis on Christianity and a lot of students are Buddhist, so I was a bit taken aback by that lesson. A lot of the Christmas activities bring out funny answers from the students. I think some of the bad little boys are getting nervous becuase in letters to Santa, they've been fessing up to being little nightmare babies. Some of the things they ask from Santa are so amusing. One of the worst, but funniest and most creative students, Jeff (in Aries class) has repeatedly told me and Santa that he wants "a baby Jeff". When I asked if he wanted a little brother, he said no, really, a little baby version of himself. My head almost exploded with the thought. Santa better not be real because I could not handle two baby Jeffs!!

Aside from the Christmas hussle, I'm preparing to go to Singapore on Christmas day. Beautiful 85 degree weather compared to Korea's 28 degrees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment