Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last week was one of those weeks again, where I barely got a moment to sit down... but that's the way I prefer it. I've always enjoyed keeping busy.

On Tuesday, after the gym, I met up with Soo and MJ for coffee and girl talk. We had the best conversation that night that lasted hours longer than expected.

Meeting for coffee is quite the popular thing to do here. Coffee shops litter the streets. So, Wednesday, after the gym, I met with Monica for coffee and girl talk. She's been very busy at her job, so we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks. A few weeks in Korea is like a few years.

On Tuesday, I mentioned to Soo a little problem with pain I had in my back. Koreans are generally very concerned with health, so she insisted we go to the doctor on Thursday after work. I love her for insisting. She's very caring. She came and got me by my work to go to the doctor. It was drizzling Thursday and I didn't have an umbrella. Soo gave me a hard time because of the radioactive rain coming from Japan. We met up with MJ after the doctor's appointment. MJ also gasped at me for my lack of umbrella on such a radioactive day. To make up for it, we ate at a restaurant specializing in spice. Everything they serve is coated in super spicy spice. It took the three of us an hour to eat a small plate of spicy chicken. Soo and MJ had spicy tears rolling down their cheeks. It was quite a painful meal.

After meeting with Soo and MJ, I went over to Julie's house because she was throwing a dinner party for the kinder teachers. It was one of the most delicious dinners. She's a great cook. I admire people that can cook. I need a lesson or two. Julie's leaving in a few weeks. I'm going to miss the delicious smells wafting out of her apartment!

After a hectic week, came the weekend, and it didn't slow down. Over the weekend, a really big group of us went to Bugil Cherry Blossm festival, but sadly there were no blossoms. The festival was held at a nearby high school so the students had a lot of games and fair food and art. The students were shocked to see such a big foreign crowd. We got interviewed and a boy asked to take a picture of my boots. Aftterwards, Sunbin took us a few minutes away from the festival to his university which overlooks a very pretty lake. It was an area I hadn't been to before, and on such a beautiful day, it just made me so happy to be there in that moment. Afterwards, we all went to Vientnamese near my house. From dinner, we continued back onto the roof, which has become routine now that the weather is so nice! I love that roof!

On Sunday, Sunbin took Jenny, Josh and I to a seaside town an hour away for sightseeing and dinner. The town was purely for seafood. We walked around a bit and finished with a shellfish dinner. Sunbin cooked the shells for us on the grill. I'd never done that before. When the shells got very hot and ready to eat, they'd pop open, as if to say "Eat me". It was such a fun dinner with the best company! I laughed the whole night. Sunbin is such a charasmatic guy!

This weekend was without a doubt one of those weekends I'll look back on and become so nostalgic that it will almost hurt to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment