Friday, November 12, 2010

Sometimes, when I actually have time to breathe, I think, what is it that I'm doing here? In my cozy little Americanized apartment, with all of my physical comforts from home, photos, decor, blankets, clothes, down to something as simple as a pencil from a Richmond restaurant, it escapes me where I am for a few hours time. But being human, and not some animal creature, I don't hole up in my home. Unlike a hermit or hibernating bear, I venture out, in all times and seasons, now being a cold one, verging on winter. And I usually don't see the differences. I just see the people, bars, cars, streets; it's just the world I happen to live in. But there are times I catch my reflection and the world around me is unerving, the face staring back at me looks so foreign, to me, and most noticeably, to everyone else around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment